When we’re traveling, I like to keep our dinners as easy as possible. Why do I love a good one-pot dinner? Because I don’t have to juggle multiple pots and pans on the tiny stove and clean-up is a breeze. This recipe is one of our go-to meals because it’s so versatile and easy to prepare. Don’t like ground turkey? Swap it out for ground chicken or ground beef. Like it spicy? Use hot salsa or top it with jalapenos. Want more veggies? Top your meal with fresh cut-up cucumbers or tomatoes.
Deconstructed Tortilla Bowl
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 lbs ground turkey substitute ground beef or chicken if desired
- 1 10 oz bag frozen corn or 1 can of corn
- 1 15 oz can black beans
- 1 15 oz can cannellini beans
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp bouillon powder optional
- 1 15 oz jar mild or medium salsa
- salt, pepper, cilantro to taste
- 1/2 bag tortilla chips
- 1 bag shredded lettuce
- sour cream
- Mexican cheese, shredded
- In a large pot, add olive oil and brown the ground turkey (beef or chicken).
- Add corn, black beans, cannellini beans, cumin, bouillon powder, and salsa.
- Simmer for about 20 minutes. Add salt, pepper, and cilantro if desired.
- Transfer to plates and top with tortilla chips, lettuce, cheese and sour cream.